The Higginsons

Thursday, July 10, 2008

A VERY RESPONSIBLE BIG BROTHER
June 23rd - June 26th, 2008

On Monday, June 23rd, Dad Higginson stopped by to pick up Vaughn so he could spend some time with Mom and Dad that day. Vaughn convinced Dad that before he left, he needed to play a quick game of Dominoes!

I wound up going with Vaughn, and actually staying over at Brian's parents' house for several days because Dean was struggling with some eating and sleeping problems, and was up every hour at night. Brian's mother would watch the kids while I took a nap, and it really helped! So here's Vaughn a few days into our stay, concentrating very hard while he held Dean all by himself!

He did eventually let himself crack a small smile!

Here's Vaughn a few days after that. He saw Dean's binkie fall out....

...then he went to find it....

Once he found the binkie, he tried to find Dean's mouth.

And of course, Dean tried to block the incoming binkie!

But Vaughn won out....

...and Dean accepted the help.

And Vaughn was very proud of himself!

And he kept checking to make sure that darn binkie stayed in!

Love, Lisa

6 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on sweet little Dean. He is so precious. So is Vaughan!! What a cute family you have. Dr. Gordon delivered my fourth baby who is now 4. I really liked him! It was fun to see he is your dr.
I am so happy for you and wish you the very best.
With love...

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Shelly and Ben said...

Congrats Lisa!!! I'm so happy for you. I was kind of hoping you'd be in church before I leave town, but alas it is not to be so. I love the pictures of Dean. I hope all is going well. Love ya, Shelly

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

oh lisa & brian. he is one beautiful little boy. hope everything is going well for you and the little guy is sleeping better for you. love you guys.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dean is so cute! I had doctor gordon deliver for me too! I hope that you had a good experience with him! We hope that you are doing well!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Ed & Natasha said...

Ms Lisa - I feel like I've struck gold - 2 Oviatt's in one day!!! Yay! I'm so glad I found you and Ben have blogs! Congratulations on another baby Boy - he's soooo cute!!! I can't believe Vaughn is so big, he was just a baby last time I saw you. Wow! It looks like you guys are doing great - yay! I'm excited to keep up with you! Hope you're getting a little more sleep -
Tasha (Barber) Watson

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

he is so beautiful. congrats.
can't wait to meet him. hope you are doing well.
love you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home