The Higginsons

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Marci's Birthday & Memorial Day
May 20th - May 26th, 2008

On Tuesday, May 20th, we were back at Brian's parents' house to spend some time with Michael and Marci and kids. They had taken a lot of video of their time in Tonga, so we went to watch some of it and see what they experienced in part. Laura came over too, and that made it even more fun! Here we are watching part of the video.

Jared was there too, ready to strike a pose.

I thought it was cute to see Amy and Julie sitting next to each other, sharing the comfy chair!

I don't know who took this picture of me, but I was in the middle of breathing through a contraction when they did! I had been having more frequent contractions, which meant the time was getting closer for the baby to arrive. I just wanted to know when!

The next day, Tuesday the 21st, was Marci's birthday. On their way back to Idaho, they stopped at our house, and we had a little birthday celebration waiting there for Marci. Vaughn had barely fallen asleep for his afternoon nap, but he immediately woke up when he heard the kids' voices. So he ran out in his diaper and was ready to play. That is very unusual for Vaughn, who is extremely modest, and get embarrassed easily.

Here's Marci opening a cute card from Mom Higginson.

And we gave Marci some of the home-bottled goods I do, like hamburger and apple pie filling. I know it sounds weird, but remember, Higginsons like to give food for birthday presents! Marci seemed to really like her gifts!

I thought Jared looked very handsome here!

Before leaving, Brian had to show Michael and the kids a few of the arcades he had been working on restoring. They were all naturally very excited to see them....

...but most excited to play them! Luckily Vaughn was willing to share "his" arcades with his cousins! Vaughn really does think they're his!

On Memorial Day, we all headed up to Brian's Aunt Margaret's house in Ogden. It is a yearly tradition to go up there to see Brian's mother's parents' graves, and to have a fun get-together with Mom's side of the family. So here we are gathered together in Aunt Margaret's and Uncle Larry's house.

Julie was kind enough to strike a pose for the occasion! Thanks Julie!

Here are Jared, Robert, Brian and Jen (Brian's cousin-in-law) having some fun conversation.

The kids always enjoy jumping on the trampoline they have set up in the back yard.

Robert decided to also strike a pose. Vaughn was trying to catch up with Robert because he wanted to play with him. How cute! I wish I had more pictures of that day. I guess I didn't take as many as I thought!

Love, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home