The Higginsons

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hangin' With Julie, My New Sprinklers
& The Great Piggie Party

April 20th - May 3rd


On Sunday, April 20th, we went over to Brian's sister Julie's place for some fun. Julie busted out a really fun card game, which we played for a good part of the night. I wish I could remember the name of it because I want to get it! (I look really greasy in this picture because I had Aloe Vera all over my face and neck. I had gotten a sunburn the day before).

Here's Brian, Julie and Julie's roommate just before heading into the second game!

During the evening while we were playing cards, Vaughn found a new best friend in Julie's roommate Elise. Elise took Vaughn into the kitchen area and rolled cars back and forth with Vaughn for most of the evening. Vaughn was in pure heaven!

Here's Elise just before sending off one of the cars into oblivion! They would both roll their cars at the same time towards each other and try to catch them. Vaughn would basically throw his at Elise and laugh so hard when she tried to catch it. It was so cute to watch them!

Vaughn loved the game so much that he couldn't stop laughing. We had to stop the card game every few minutes and go and observe the two of them playing. We have never heard Vaughn laugh as hard as he did that night! Thanks Elise for being so great with Vaughn!!!

A few days later I was talking with my neighbor Dawn Houston about building some sprinklers in our front yard because I was having a hard time keeping it watered. Well, the day after I mentioned it to Dawn, I found her in my front yard working on building the sprinklers! I couldn't believe it! So of course I went out to try and help her. Here she is above with Vaughn keeping close tabs on everything!

I just thought I'd point out how dry the grass looks! Thanks to Dawn, we now have a nice, green front yard!

Also during this week, we held the Great Piggie Party. I'm just calling it that because I want to. We were over at Brian's parents' house again, and with Mom and Dad gone, we got a little crazy, but only after the kids had gone to bed. Here I am after having rocked the Lampateeze to sleep. It was absolutely precious holding that little guy! And it got me excited to have another little baby around. And like I said, once the kids were asleep....

....the Great Piggie Party began! Here I am just getting warmed up. I don't remember who it was that suggested we tape our noses up and take pictures, but the idea caught on very quickly and we all had to try it.

Here's a side view of my nose. Everyone was astonished at how pliable my nose is. It just seemed to disappear into my face. I was weirded-out by how stiff their noses were!

Suddenly I found my Piggie Groove, and then the real fun began!

Next was Julie's turn! We'll start out with her most reserved face. She looks so nice here!

Now we'll move on to Julie's more sassy pose. Doesn't she look like a Piggie Model? I swear Julie can look great doing anything!

I like to call this one "A Piggie in Headlights!"

Jared gave it a go next. His nose wasn't as pliable as Julie's so it didn't stick up as much. Jared still looks very handsome!

Here's a side view of the "Handsome Piggie."

Brian had the most un-pliable nose of the night. He just couldn't get the darn thing to stay taped up, so he had to hold it with his hand. I thought it was so funny!

Here's a good pose. He finally got his nose to get piggie!

Finally we come to my favorite piggie of the night....Brian's sister Linda! I don't know how she did it, but she got us laughing to the point where I thought I was going to go into labor! She was by far the most perfect piggie!

And here is the crowning picture to prove it! Linda, you are THE BEST!!!

The next Wednesday, Julie came over for a while to visit with us. It is always fun to have Julie over because the conversation never dies. She always has a cool fact to share, or a great insight into politics or world news. She is awesome! Here she is just chillin' with Brian.

Vaughn of course had to bust out his train set to show Aunt Julie. So we built a fun little track for him, and he spent a few minutes running the trains over it. Then of course he decided to play Godzilla and wreck it.

I think I'll end with this picture of Vaughn. I'm sorry to say it, but doesn't his hair look awful?!?! Time for a haircut kid! (But you're still pretty darn cute little buddy!)

Love, Lisa




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home