The Higginsons

Thursday, April 10, 2008

BRIAN THE INVALID, POOPA'S WHIRLWIND VISIT,
& HANNAH'S BAPTISM

March 23rd - March 29th, 2008

I don't have any pictures of our Easter Sunday because we were all at home taking care of each other. I didn't get sick really with whatever was going around, just tired. But poor Brian really caught something bad that weekend, and spent the next 5 straight days in bed. I had never seen him so sick before! I'm sure it was a nasty flu bug because he had fevers and chills, nausea and headaches galore. I have to admit I liked having him at home, but I'm sure Brian would have rather been at work and feeling better!

We were very surprised and happy when Poopa called us to tell us he was coming into town that weekend. He arrived on Thursday the 27th of March. It was SO GOOD TO SEE HIM!!! Vaughn doesn't get to see my parents very often at all, so he really tried to make a good impression from the beginning. Vaughn took Grandpa Poopa into his room right away to show Poopa "his" new Star Wars arcade. Yes, Vaughn has very calmly and quietly let us know that he is the rightful owner of any arcade that comes into our house. Poopa was totally amazed at how coordinated Vaughn was, and how well he played the game. Vaughn doesn't play our arcades very much at all, but he is a fast learner. He is definitely better than we are, and he's only 2 and 1/2 years old! I don't know whether to be proud of that or to think it's pretty pathetic!

The next evening Poopa offered to get pizza for dinner. We couldn't refuse, and even Brian was able to muster up enough appetite to eat with us. The poor guy was still feeling not-so-well, but I guess pizza is the best medicine for him. While we waited for the pizza to cook (we got Take-n-Bake from Papa Murphy's) Poopa, Laura and Vaughn played Yahtzee together. Vaughn LOVES to roll the dice, and luckily Laura and Poopa were very patient to let him help them.

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!! I don't remember if a joke was told, or if they were just laughing at Vaughn's cuteness, but it doesn't matter. I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!! Poopa looks so cute! And Vaughn is showing some major double-chin as Laura kisses him. Can life get any better?!?!

I have never met a person who enjoys their food more than my sister Laura. Let me explain that before it sounds really bad. Laura has the best facial expressions in the world while she is eating food she loves. Here she is showing us how a real woman eats her pizza. Laura is my favorite person to eat with because she makes me really enjoy my food too. I think that's why whenever I'm around Laura I want to go out to eat with her. She just makes it a really fun experience. My favorite is when she takes her first bite of the food and stops, rolls her eyes up into her head and sighs. It's just too much!!! I love you Laura!!!

Here's Brian, Vaughn and Poopa tanking down. The pizza was unusually good that night for some reason. I don't think it's because we were all hungry. It just tasted excellent. And Laura had us try a new root beer, and I wish I could remember the name of it because is was DANG GOOD root beer! Laura, if you read this and remember what it was called, please call me!!!

After the pizza dinner Vaughn decided to get in a little more play-time with Poopa. He got out his little music-making push toy and used Poopa's legs as a bridge to go under while he pushed it around.

Poopa was great to let Vaughn do that over and over and over..... I think Vaughn would have done it all night if Poopa hadn't gotten tired and gone to bed. Thank you Poopa for the wonderful pizza!!! Brian still talks about how good it was! And as a side note, Vaughn said the word "cheese" for the first time that day. I honestly think it had something to do with the magic of that pizza goodness!

The next day, Saturday the 29th of March was a very special day for my younger cousin Hannah Oviatt. It was her baptism day. Here she is with her mother Kelly and her father Gary. And it stinks that this is the only picture I got of her with her parents because for some reason I caught them off guard, and in between smiles while other people were taking their picture. They were smiling for every other picture, and they were all very happy that day. So just to let you know.....they were smiling! Hannah looked gorgeous in her baptism dress, and she was in a bright and cheerful mood that day.

After the actual baptism took place, I caught my Uncle Wane with his daughter Jessica playing around. Wane has the most quiet sense of humor. He doesn't show it off, but he is HILARIOUS! I just turned around, and there he was with a pair of pink shoes on his ears. What a nut! So I had to get a picture of him for the record.

Back at Uncle Gary and Aunt Kelly's house we had a nice luncheon. Hannah, Vaughn, Autumn and Prairie had a good time playing together while we all finished eating. Hannah brought out some bubble gum and started blowing bubbles for Vaughn. He became completely mesmerized with those bubbles. He kept asking Hannah to blow more bubbles so he could pop them.

She was very willing to do so, and to say "thanks" for her kindness, Vaughn gave Hannah a kiss and a hug after EVERY bubble she blew. He was so happy!!! And I just about died watching it all happen! Hannah has always been VERY sweet to Vaughn. She loves to play with him and watch over him whenever we are up there to visit.

I know I say this about a lot of pictures, but this could be one of my favorite pictures of Vaughn EVER. He was in pure heaven playing with Hannah and popping bubbles. He couldn't stop hugging her and laughing. I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!! And I think I'll end with that picture. How could I top it anyway?!?!

Love, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home