The Higginsons

Friday, June 27, 2008

Robert's Birthday
May 19th, 2008

If you haven't realized by now, May is the month of birthdays between Brian's and my families. It seems like the entire month is one big birthday party. I think there are at least 10 birthdays that I can think of off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are more. So naturally, this entry is about another birthday....Robert's! Julie was gracious enough to make a really special treat for the event....her apple and cherry streudel. (I don't think I spelled that right).

I thought it was a cute idea to put the candles on it like this. Doesn't it look fantastic?!

We'll just move right into the part where Robert opened his gifts. Here he is opening our gift to him. I was very anxious for him to see what it was, since it was a bit of a gag gift. Michael and Marci's boy Dallin is sitting on Robert's lap.

Robert was ECSTATIC to discover that his first gift was probably going to be the best of the night..... (kidding)....

....and it happened to be SPICE WORLD the Movie!

Michael and Marci were confident that their gift would be cooler than ours....

...and it was! They had brought a beautiful shell back from Tonga for Robert.

He was of course very excited, and very pleased about it! It really was gorgeous!

Julie also had a wonderful gift for Robert...a giant drawing pad made of really good drawing paper. (All the Higginsons are blessed with an ability to draw. I'm quite jealous of them!)

Michaela, in an attempt to entertain Vaughn, decided to decorate him with a bow. I think it was really because he was as cute as a present. Vaughn however, did not find the situation as amusing as Michaela did!

In fact, wouldn't you say he looks a little perturbed?!?! Michaela and I however felt the same way....that Vaughn couldn't have looked any cuter!!! What an adorable picture!!!

Roberts friend Scott (on the left), Heather (on the right) and Christina (not shown), also showed up for the occasion. Here Robert is opening a nice card from Heather's parents.

Heather and Christina gave Robert a very nice wallet....

...and a muscle man T-shirt. I can't remember exactly what was written on the front of it, but obviously from the look on Robert's face, it was really funny! It was a nice gathering of family and a few friends that evening. And it was a lot of fun to celebrate Robert. He is quite the guy!

You already knew I was going to show this one again! It was impossible not to!


Love, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home