The Higginsons

Saturday, July 05, 2008

OUR NEW BABY BOY!!!
June 14th, 2008

Saturday, June 14th, began like all other mornings we've had recently. But then around 8:30am my water broke. Just to make sure, I laid down on our bed and coughed (a trick the nurses told me about). All of a sudden a ton of liquid came out, and I knew that my water really had broken! That meant "today was the day!" So Brian and I rushed around the house packing last-minute things and getting Vaughn ready to go to his Aunt Julie's house for the first part of the day. We got to the hospital around 11:30am, and here I am, ready and waiting!

I was induced after a while because I hadn't progressed at all. Then later on in the day, Julie brought Vaughn to visit. Vaughn knew something was up, and really wanted to be by his mom. It made me feel really good. He climbed into hospital bed and laid next to me and hugged me. He seemed a lot older to me somehow.

He wasn't in any hurry to get down, so we just hung out there together for a while, talking about how he would have a new baby brother by the end of the day (hopefully!)

Isn't Vaughn handsome?! So he and Julie stayed for a while, and then around 8:30pm they left for Brian's parents' house. Just before 9:00pm the nurses check me and I had progressed to about a five. They told me that since I had already had a baby, I might move very quickly from this point. Then about 40 minutes later they came to check me again, and the baby was only an inch away from coming out!!! Yikes! I had progressed from a 5 to +2 in less than 40 minutes! So the nurses hurry and called the doctor, and told me to keep my legs together, or the baby would come out! The doctor came right away, and barely got there in time! I began pushing at 9:49pm, and TWO MINUTES LATER, 9:51pm, our son was born!!! He was 7lbs 6oz and was 18.5 inches long. I'll also remind you that he was almost two weeks early!

And here is his very first picture! We hadn't decided on his name yet, so we didn't know what to call the little guy!

Here I am having a very emotional moment, and trying to feed the little guy.

Here's the proud Papa, holding his new son!

Here's a better picture of Brian, and it's too bad the little guy was covered up.

Here I am with the nurses who helped me. Ashley is on the left and Elizabeth is on the right.

Here we are with Dr. Gregory Gordon, the doctor who delivered our son.

And here's a cute picture of Brian with us as well. I'll just mention that the doctor barely had time to dress before the baby came out! And to prove who was really in charge, the moment he was out, our little son decided to pee all over the doctor! Dr. Gordon thought it was pretty funny!

Brian went with our little guy down to get his shots and get cleaned up while I was getting taken care of upstairs. I think he looks A LOT like Vaughn did here.

And here is another picture after he's had a bath and is nice and clean! I'm not telling you his name right now because we wound up deciding on it the next day! So, until next entry!

Love, Lisa

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger sdblue said...

Hey guys,

Congrats on the new baby! Glad everything is going well for you guys. Wish we could have had the chance to hang out a bit before we moved! Get some rest when you can, love ya,

Sheldon, Kuei, Brighton, Keane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home