The Higginsons

Sunday, July 06, 2008

A HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
June 15th, 2008

Brian may not look that excited about celebrating Father's Day, but he was! He was just really tired! We both were after being up most of the night with a new baby! When I asked Brian if he was enjoying his Father's Day, he said, "Of course I am! I have the best Father's Day present ever!"

And of course, he was speaking of our new son (although he did also like the box of chocolate-covered doughnuts!) And even though it took us until almost 10:00 that night to decided on his name, I'll tell you now. We finally decided to name him:
Dean Arthur Higginson

Here's a side view of little Dean. As you can see, he was born with dark hair, and a good amount of it! He also had very dark eyes, which haven't changed yet! We could have a brown-eyed boy on our hands!

I thought this was a cute picture! What a face!

Later in the afternoon on Sunday, Brian brought Vaughn over for a visit. It was Vaughn's first time seeing Dean, so I was anxious to see how he would react. I had nothing to worry about though. The moment Vaughn saw Dean, he crawled up into the hospital bed and smiled and tried to pat his head and hug him. It was ADORABLE!

Here's Vaughn hugging Dean, and I'm kissing Vaughn to reassure him that he is still important and loved. I didn't want Vaughn to feel left out at all!

Vaughn immediately asked to hold the baby (by holding out his arms) so we let him! Vaughn was very tender, and to prove his love for his new brother, he planted a tender kiss on his head...

...and then gave him a very tender hug!

Vaughn was SO HAPPY to finally have a new little brother!

Shortly after Brian and Vaughn arrived, Brian's family arrived to welcome our new addition! Mom and Dad Higginson came with Robert Jared and Julie. Brian's sister Amy also came with her kids Riley, McKay, Alex, Kimball and Sammy. My sister Laura also arrived a little later! It was definitely a full house!

When Sammy caught his first glance of Vaughn, he went right for him and tried to hug him. Vaughn didn't know what to think, so he ran for the nearest pair of grown-up legs he could find, which happened to be his Aunt Julie's legs!

But after a few minutes, and after being released from Sammy's clutches, Vaughn warmed up to everyone and busted out....The Claw. This is what Vaughn does when he's comfortable and happy. What a weird kid!

Dad Higginson began taking pictures the moment he arrived. And it wasn't a moment too soon, because some very cute things began to happen!

Vaughn climbed up in bed next to me again to establish whose baby brother Dean was. Vaughn was so cute!

He wanted everyone to know that Dean was his! He was so happy just sitting there holding Dean. It was so precious!

Here's me holding little Dean.

You forget how tiny they are! Vaughn seemed like a giant compared to Dean!

Kimball and Sammy were the first of the kids to approach Dean. Kimball, with her very tender heart, wanted to hold him right away!

But we gave Mom Higginson first dibs!

Next was cute Amy. And for Father's Day she brought Brian some beautiful flowers from her garden.

Here's Brian holding his bouquet. He looks so handsome!

Alex did a great job of holding Dean too.

I've always loved her puppy dog eyes. What a knockout!

Kimball's turn finally came to hold the baby, and she was ecstatic!

McKay was a natural at holding Dean. He looked like he'd done it a million times!

And here's Riley observing all the goings on.

With Vaughn finally comfortable with the kids, Aunt Julie had free legs to move about. This gave her a chance to hold Dean too!

Uncle Robert enjoyed a few moments with Dean as well!

Laura had been right outside our room when Dean was born. She was the first to see him out of any of our family! I'll mention too that she was wonderful to run and get me food after Dean was born because I was starving! She was a life saver! This picture of Dean reminds me SO MUCH of Vaughn when he was a newborn.

Dad Higginson took the time to take a few pictures of me, Dean and Brian.

Dean is sure giving a funny look here!

And I was so glad that he snapped this one of me and Laura. I love it! (Laura, you look dang good here!)

I'll end with a couple of my favorite pictures. The first is of Mom and Dad Higginson. This may very well be my favorite picture of them of all time. It is adorable!

And of course, here's one for the road that you've already seen, but must see again!


Love, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home