The Higginsons

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Year's Eve with the Higginsons
December 31st, 2007

It is tradition in the Higginson family to hold a riotous party at some one's home on New Year's Eve. There is food, family and fun, and that's all that's needed for things to get wild!

We went to Brian's sister Amy's house for the party. She and her husband Brenden had set up a really fun party for everyone. There was a table with a spread of great snacks and drinks. There were games to play. And they had even set up a little fountain that ran on punch rather than water. It was great! That put everyone in the mood to have some fun. And Amy's son McKay and his cousin Michael James were the first to get crazy! These two are good buds, and they took advantage of all the time they had together while Michael was visiting.

While our McKay's little sister Kimball tried to offer the boys drinks to no avail, McKay displayed his brute strength by lifting Michael into the air.

Kimball finally gave up trying to offer the boys a drink of punch. She decided the drink was best not wasted, and had some herself! She's such a sweetheart. Kimball is always thinking of others.

Brian's sister Rebekah and her husband Jim were down to visit from Boise, Idaho. Jim and Rebekah REALLY know how to party! We were so happy to have them there! Here's Rebekah taking a moment to hold the little Lampateeze. She knew there was no point in trying to resist the cuteness either. Isn't Rebekah GORGEOUS?!?!?!

Dad Higginson was our camera man for the event. He's got the gift for taking photos, so he is always glad to document family events. And he does a great job. Here he is showing some of the photos to Rebekah and Linda.

Here's Danny taking a breather from all the fun, and eating some of the great food. Danny is also a ton of fun to have around. He has a way of getting people excited to goof off, and yes, that's also a talent!

Vaughn and I arrived late to the party because Vaughn was napping and I had had a migraine all day. I couldn't help wanting to go because these parties are always so much fun. Julie was so sweet to me once I arrived. She made sure I was okay and helped me to the table full of drinks and yummies. It really helped! Thanks Julie! (P.S. Don't I look great when I get migraines? NOT!!!)

Here's Brian's brother Jared just relaxing and enjoying the conversation. Jared was in the middle of growing a beard, so that's why he looks like a beast! I encouraged Jared to make a New Year's Resolution to (#1) Shave and (#2) Never grow a beard again. Well, he eventually shaved, but I don't know about (#2)!

After a while I started to feel a little better, and that's when Julie took this picture of me, Brian and Brian's sister Amy. I love this picture because Brian and I look so happy together. And we are! And I love Amy! She is SO MUCH FUN! She is the true party animal out of all the Higginsons, and a blast to be around!

I absolutely love this picture of Linda and Julie. I have always thought that they are both GORGEOUS! And this picture proves it!

Vaughn and I left just before midnight, because we were both pretty tired. I was sorry I did because later I saw these last two pictures and almost died laughing! Here's everybody counting down the last few seconds of 2007. (Of course this was all posed, but it's still hilarious!)

And this is my favorite picture of all.....HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! (P.S. I think Brian and Robert look absolutely ridiculous! You guys are awesome!)

Love, Lisa

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Marianne & Clayton said...

Brian is killing me in that last shot. I love Higginson fever.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

okay then... could that look like more fun? no.
looks like a blast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home