The Higginsons

Friday, February 15, 2008

Christmas Eve in Two Places
December 24th, 2007

Since we had both sides of our family in town, Brian and I split up Christmas Eve and Christmas Day between them! Meaning, we actually spent Christmas Eve with both sides, and Christmas Day with both sides. It was quite the experience, because we had to do so much running back and forth! But it was worth it!

The following few pictures were taken before we got to Brian's parents house in Springville, but I still had to show them because they are ADORABLE!!! Above are Kalel and Lorna, our nephew and niece, and the children of Brian's sister Linda and her husband Danny. They can be very loving with each other, and they are so fun to watch when they interact! Here they are hugging on the back porch! SO CUTE!!!

Even though they eventually had to come inside, that didn't mean the hugging had to stop there! Why not continue while sitting together in the recliner? I especially love Kalel's smile in this picture.

Then of course they had to get a little crazy and pull some funny faces. I don't know if Lorna can roll her tongue or not, but I think it's so cool that Kal can! What a nut! And by the way, how does a kid who's not even 5 learn how to roll his tongue?

And finally, a precious picture of the two of them looking out the window together. I can only hope that Vaughn and his new little brother or sister will be this cute together. I have a feeling that will probably be the case!

Later that evening we went over to Ben and Emily's house for a little gathering. It is Oviatt tradition to gather on Christmas Eve and read the story of the birth of the Savior. It is also tradition to have Poopa do the reading. We were so grateful to have Momma and Poopa there to be able to share this tradition with, so we definitely took advantage of the moment. I didn't get very many pictures of that night. Above are Emily and Brian. I don't know what Brian was thinking, but I assume he just can't help being sassy at all times. What a hot hubby!

Here is Poopa reading about the birth of Jesus. It was so special to listen to this story, especially on Christmas Eve. It reminds us of the reason we celebrate Christmas, and the wonderful gift that was given to all mankind.

And here's me and my niece Autumn listening to Poopa read. I thought it was really cute of Autumn to sit by me while Poopa read. We also took time that evening to sing together as a family, and that meant so much to me! Unfortunately I was at the piano and didn't get to take any pictures of it! But I know Momma did. So once I get copies of those pictures from her, I'll update this blog and share them with you.

Here's me and Vaughn just hanging out. I think he was really tired by the time we took this picture. Usually he likes me to hold him! Anyway, sorry this entry is so short, but like I said, I don't really have any pictures of this evening!

Love, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home