The Higginsons

Monday, January 28, 2008

JUST BEFORE THE HOLIDAYS
November 1st - 11th, 2007

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EMILY WEINHEIMER TODAY!!!)

Aren't you so excited to see yet another picture of bottled goods? I finally found my picture of the bottled salsa I did with Brian's sister Amy. So here it is! I must say that this is one of my two favorite salsa recipes of all time. The other would be the fresh salsa recipe I have. I just can't eat store-bought salsa after having this stuff. My secret is adding about 5 times the amount of cilantro it calls for. I have to add that much just so I can taste it after it's bottled. It is SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!
Laura came over on the 2nd of November to hang out with me (AKA Vaughn). Laura openly admits that she'd rather see Vaughn than me! (At least some of the time!) I think I'd have to agree with her! Vaughn is so much fun to be around. And there is nothing quite like getting cozy on the couch with the little guy while watching a show. This night he felt particularly cuddly, so Laura had to jump at the chance and relish every moment of it! Can you blame her?!

Brian's parents go out on seminars twice a year as part of their home business. They were gone in the late Fall and missed Halloween. So naturally, the second they got back, we had to take Vaughn over in his Halloween costume to show them what he looked like. They were ecstatic! Vaughn was very calm about the whole thing, barely breaking a smile, while everyone made a fuss over him. The only time he got animated was when I tried to take the costume off of him. Then he decided to throw the biggest tantrum of his life! I guess he just wanted to stay a monkey for a little while! Besides, Halloween is only once a year, right?

On Sunday the 4th, I awoke to find Brian and Vaughn playing with Vaughn's marble game in the front room, and listening to the Mormon Tabernacle broadcast. It was so cute! I couldn't tell whether Brian or Vaughn was enjoying it more!

Laura came over again a few days later, craving some cuddling time with Vaughn, and she got it! I think Vaughn can sometimes sense when a person needs a hug. I love how Laura gets that same smile on her face. I feel the same way whenever Vaughn cuddles with me too.

We've noticed lately that Vaughn likes to bathe in comfort. If he's been splashing around and his front gets a little too cool, he decides to just lie down in the tub to warm himself up! He lies there propped up on his forearms just relaxing. It gets me every time!

(Here's a picture without a flash. Actually, the whole picture is a flash!!!) Of course my favorite part about seeing him do this is his cute bum cheeks!!! I'd be smiling too if my bum looked that good! I think I'll end with that!

Love, Lisa






1 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

oh goodness. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home