The Higginsons

Sunday, November 11, 2007

THE WEEK OF: August 26th - September 1st
Wedding Dress Shopping for Lindsey





This is just a sneak preview of what you will find later on in the blog!!!!






We began the week with harvesting more fruits and vegetables from the garden. We got another nice batch of tomatoes, and a good-sized batch of beans. We also got a cantaloupe, which was actually one of many, but all the others ripened too quickly and went bad. It was hard trying to keep up with the cantaloupe this year. The other problem was that we had slugs in the garden that would burrow into the cantaloupes and eat them before we could get to them! Sick and wrong! I would go to pick a beautiful cantaloupe only to find that the entire inside was hollow.



I decided to harvest half the beets from the garden. We had quite a few nice-sized beets, and I was excited to bottle and pickle them. And no, I didn't invite Amy to join me!




















The picture to the left is of a beet that grew mostly above the ground. The picture on the right is of a beet that grew mostly below the ground. I guess the sun really bleaches beets when they're above the ground. But they still look the same inside.



This was the biggest beet from the half that I pulled out that day. It was as big as my hand!









I tried to get Vaughn to take a picture with the beet, but he was afraid of it! He kept taking side-glances at it and moving away. It was so funny! I just wanted to show how big it was compared to him.









The really cool thing about this beet was that it was in the shape of a heart. I call Brian "HeartBeat" as a little nickname, so we both thought this was pretty funny.











I thought this cross-section of the same beet was really cool. I guess beets grow is layers just like onions do! I would never have guessed that!












WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING FOR LINDSEY!!!

Yes, my youngest sister LINDSEY IS GETTING MARRIED!!!!!! We found out a little while ago, and that didn't leave us much time to do any dress shopping with Lindsey, since she's getting married in November and she lives in Rexburg, Idaho! So when Lindsey called to tell us she would be down in Provo for the end of August, we were so excited!!! Of course we had to go wedding dress shopping because it was our only chance. So we took advantage and went shopping!!!

















Lindsey had done some dress shopping up in Idaho already, so she already had an idea of what she wanted for her dress. We of course thought Lindsey looked FANTASTIC in every dress she tried on. What a hottie!


















Lindsey is very tall and very skinny---so we had a very large selection of dresses to choose from. And that was the only problem during our shopping. There were so many choices, and so little time!


















This is the back of that dress. You know, I don't think the lighting was extremely great because you can't see much detail on these dresses. I'll just tell you that Lindsey looked absolutely GORGEOUS!!! She looked so elegant too! Seeing her in these dresses made me want to bust out my wedding dress and look at it. I think every woman wants to feel like a princess sometimes!















This was probably my favorite dress that Lindsey tried on. I wasn't as excited about the lace at the bottom, but the overall look of it was so classy! Lindsey of course looked AMAZING in it! She's the only girl I know who could pull off the mermaid dress look and do it well! Even the lady helping her said only a handful of people look good in that design.















This was at a different dress shop, but I wanted to put it in with the rest of the other dresses. I noticed that Lindsey preferred not to have a lot of beads on her dress. I really admire Lindsey's taste!




















You forget how long the backs of these dresses are! But they look so beautiful! Lindsey truly looked like a princess that day!


















Here we are at the end of wedding dress shopping. We were very happy to be done, and ready to get some food!








As you can see from all three pictures (the first one is at the beginning of the blog) we can't take a single picture without one of us pulling a weird face! (Laura's doing it in this one).








Thanks to Poopa, we enjoyed a nice meal after shopping. We went to the University Mall Food Court and had a lot of things to choose from. Lindsey of course got chicken strips because she ALWAYS gets chicken strips. I got chicken strips too because I wanted to be as cool as Lindsey. And Emily and Laura got Chinese food. Thanks a bunch Poopa!!! We love you!








We had a ton of fun with Lindsey, and we hope she finds the dress she is looking for. I really enjoyed having a day with the girls. Thanks to everyone for making it such a great day!

And now, I will present to you my favorite Vaughn picture of all time....

Here's one for the road...


(This was NOT staged. This is exactly how I found Vaughn!)

Love, Lisa















2 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

love the final photo. very candid. dress shopping... it takes me back to thinking about the preparations for our wedding. what an exciting time. thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Emily W said...

Stop reading Harry Potter and post some Halloween pictures, PLEASE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home