The Higginsons

Sunday, August 26, 2007

AN EVENING AT BRIDAL VEIL FALLS

SATURDAY, JULY 28th

On Saturday, July 28th, Brian's sister Rebekah and her kids left for home. Before they left however, they stopped by our house to take a look at the garden and say goodbye. Rebekah's son Michael (on the left) begged Brian to look through a Star Wars book with him. Brian couldn't resist, so here are the two of them reading together. It was so cute to watch them as they pointed out the different things they liked.







Late that afternoon we all decided to head up to Bridal Veil Falls for a cookout and just a nice evening. "We all" included me and Brian and Vaughn, Laura, Ben and Emily and their two girls and Lindsey and her boyfriend Dustin. To the right is Autumn contemplating what game to start while the food was being cooked. Dustin was relaxing on the grass and happened to get his head in the picture.












Bubby took the job and Grill Master. He did a great job cooking the food and it turned out wonderfully! Apparently we were all supposed to bring our own meat, but I didn't get the memo. So Brian and I had to beg food off of everyone else. But it all worked out. There was enough food for everyone with some to spare!











Back to the waiting for food part....


I think I was having a little bit of a hard time finding games to keep me occupied. I found myself getting really hungry and then all of a sudden, I was trying to eat Brian's hand! I think the smell of the kabobs got to me. Brian was very kind and didn't make a big deal out of it. And luckily somebody intervened before Brian lost a finger!










Autumn finally found a game she wanted to play and here she is trying to wrangle Vaughn in to play with her. I absolutely had to show this picture because of one thing....Autumn's bum!!! I'd like to draw your attention to her ADORABLE TINY BUM CHEEKS!!! I loved how this swimsuit fit her! And I thought it was cute how Vaughn looked like he was thinking very carefully about joining the fun.







Finally it was time to eat, and we all dug in! Except it seemed like Lindsey was having a hard time remembering how to eat. She got the pickle partway in her mouth and stopped. If you'll notice, her boyfriend Dustin was sitting right beside her. I think she was thinking about eating, and then in the middle of it all she started thinking about Dustin, and well, Dustin won out! I'll also point out that the pickle slice looks like a weird tongue. Maybe that's why Dustin looked the way he did here. Didn't he know Lindsey had a green tongue?








Prairie had no trouble with eating, especially since we had some watermelon there. In fact, she took great delight in the watermelon, and here's the face to prove it! She must have eaten half the watermelon that was brought. That girl is nuts!!!










We were all in the middle of eating when I noticed Laura and Emily were laughing pretty hard. Emily was saying something to Prairie like, "Do cheesies" or something like that.










I looked over at Prairie to find her doing this......!
Can a little kid get any cuter?!? I submit that one could not!















While we were all finishing eating, Vaughn and Autumn found another game to play together. I don't know exactly what it was, but here's Vaughn playing it.










And here's either Autumn or Vaughn continuing the game.
















Vaughn and Autumn were having such a good time that Autumn forgot to finish her dinner. So Emily tried to lure her out of the blanket by tempting her with the food. I just thought this picture was really cute with Vaughn's head poking out of the top of the blanket and Autumn hiding beneath.














Emily was finally successful in getting them out of the blanket, and then Lindsey took over helping the kids to play games. I love this picture of Lindsey and Vaughn. It looks like Lindsey is coaching him through something pretty serious. And it looks like Vaughn has the plan in mind and is waiting for the opportune moment to strike!















After a while we all decided to head up the path to Bridal Veil Falls itself. It was a beautiful walk up to the falls, and then it opened up and there were the falls with a somewhat large wading pool at the bottom. It was gorgeous!















I thought this was such a sweet picture! Prairie was absolutely adorable playing in the water! She fell over a few times and got totally soaked. It was so cute to watch her just get back up smiling and splash around some more. I surprised she never cried though because the water was freezing!!!












Vaughn of course loved the water as well, but he wasn't brave enough to let himself get very wet. He just picked up rocks and threw them. I loved how tender Brian was as he helped Vaughn balance and find cool looking rocks. Brian is such a great and fun dad to Vaughn.










I thought I'd just add this in as well. We wanted a cute family picture but Vaughn couldn't stand still for one second. He was way too interested in throwing rocks. And might I add that me and Brian's eyes look really sunken. Weird! I guess you can't win every time.














On the way back from the falls, we found Lindsey and Dustin sitting on a rock near the river that ran along the path. We knew of course that they were "just talking." (I guess some people like to talk with their lips touching!) I thought, "What a perfect spot for a photo" so I snapped a shot. They looked great together!









Here's a closer view of the two of them. And I must say, "Lindsey! Dang girl you look fine!" Dustin is a super nice guy. I liked him instantly. I thought when we were all together that he just naturally fit in with the family. And Lindsey is smitten. She had this constant smile on her face. And every time I mentioned the name "Dustin" she giggled and turned a little red. Sickening! But in all honesty, I totally approve. Dustin is a great guy and lots of fun. Good job Lindsey!


I'll leave it at that I guess!

And here's one for the road....

I really love this picture of Brian. I can't really describe why, I just do!

Love, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home