The Higginsons

Sunday, July 29, 2007

JUNE---THE BEGINNING OF SUMMER

We started out June with a bang. Brian's sister Rebekah gave us a kiddie swimming pool, so I decided to set it up for Vaughn. Here he is looking very manly.











The water was from the garden hose, so it was pretty cold. I even had to go in the house and get super hot water to make it somewhat bearable. Vaughn didn't let the cold phase him. He just decided to stand up or squat while he played. And while he was squatting he thought, "Well I may as well take a drink!" So he spent a bit of his time scooping up water with one of the kitchen spoons I gave him to play with.



























I loved these two shots because one second Vaughn was totally mellow, and then the next second he turned into a "Spaz-Monkey" as Laura calls him. That's my boy!

















I don't know what Vaughn was thinking when I took this shot, but I thought I would include it, and you can draw your own conclusions!










A few days later Vaughn was taking a nap on our bed. I decided to snap a few shots of him, and when I looked at the pictures, it made me sad! He looks so big! It made me stop for a moment and think about how quickly he is growing up! For a second I missed him as a newborn, and then I slapped myself! No, but seriously. I do miss him as a little baby, but I don't miss getting up 10 times a night to feed him!




On Friday June 8th, Brian's boss threw a birthday party for his wife, and we were invited! We had a nice time eating and listening to the music that was provided as entertainment. Vaughn was the life of the party. He was in such a good mood that he decided to give Brian kisses and let us get it on film! Here he is getting ready......










....and there's the kiss! Brian was so happy, and I was so jealous! Vaughn is a Daddy's boy, so I guess I can't be too disappointed!








The next day, Saturday the 9th, we decided to get crazy and go down to Springville for the Art City Days Parade. We were really hungry, and luckily a little gas station on the corner had four-for-a-dollar hot dogs and 10-cent bags of popcorn. Brian was in heaven because he could live off of hot dogs. That explains the big lump in his left cheek. He had just taken a giant bite of a juicy dog. I was sorry to interrupt his delicious meal, but I was glad for this picture. Brian looks so dang adorable!!!






They also had free balloons for kids at this gas station, and that made Vaughn very happy! He loves balloons! So we got him a big red one, and it kept him occupied for quite a long time!














Here's me anxiously awaiting the start of the parade. The people in the parade like to throw candy and free stuff at the crowd, so I was stoked about that. We got lots of candy and coupons for Little Caesar's pizza. It was great!













After the parade was over, we decided to walk down the street to check out a small car show. They had several really neat cars on display. Brian was in pure heaven. Here's a few of the cars that were there......









I really liked this one. I have always loved this color of red on cars. Brian was really diggin' it too!










When Brian saw this car he said, "Lisa, make sure to get a picture of this one!" Brian told me the make, model and year of every car there. I was really impressed.








I think when Brian saw this car he let out an audible gasp. He also made sure I got a shot of this one.









I'll leave it at this because the next entry needs to be devoted specifically to one day.


And here's one for the road...


Love, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home