The Higginsons

Saturday, August 04, 2007

JULY 1st---BIRTHDAYS AND BUNNIES


We began July with a celebration of a few birthdays. We headed up to my Uncle Gary and Aunt Kelly Oviatt's house for a combined birthday party for my Aunt Kelly, my brother Ben and my Grandma Oviatt, since they're birthdays are one right after the other. Since Grandma's was the 1st of July, we decided to meet that day for a barbecue. It was so good to see Grandma again! Here's a shot of me and Grandma Oviatt.











I've mentioned before about Gary and Kelly's animals. When we were up there this time, they showed us a batch of bunnies they had. Here's me and Bubby watching the bunnies.















Here's Prairie (Emily's holding her) playing with one of the bunnies. I'd like to point out the dimples on her hand where her knuckles should be! Adorable!










I know I said in my last entry that the picture of Brian and Vaughn was my favorite ever, but I am retracting that statement and saying that THIS ONE is my favorite of ALL TIME! I can't take it! I couldn't believe the look on Vaughn's face as he was holding this bunny!







This is one of the smallest dogs I've ever seen. Aunt Kelly's mother was there, and she brought her dog with her. I think this dog's legs were about the thickness of a pencil! Vaughn kept trying to play with it, but the dog was very old and cranky, and kept snipping at him. I guess Vaughn should have stuck with the bunnies!













We desperately tried to get a good shot of Brian and Vaughn and Grandma, but Vaughn was too excited to play with the animals. But doesn't Brian look handsome?!?! And I love how Grandma is smiling at Vaughn. He's usually in such a good mood, so I guess it's okay to put in a shot of an unhappy kid!








It seems a little odd to end this entry with some zucchini, but here's some zucchini I harvested from the garden that morning. If you grate it using a cheese grater, you can bake it into zucchini bread and it is wonderful!!! Whenever Lindsey comes down to visit I try to have some zucchini bread and banana bread baked for her to take back up to Rexburg.




I'll leave it at that!

And here's one for the road...



(I couldn't help myself! I told you this was my favorite of ALL TIME!)

Love, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home