The Higginsons

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bridal Showers, Scary Dragons, Homegrown Eggs and a Luau!

July 7th - July 14th


On July 7th, I attended two bridal showers in one day.
The first was for one of my best friends Yvette Annear! Her roommates had her play a game where she had to answer questions about her fiancee. If she got a question right she moved on to the next question. But if she got one wrong, she had to put a piece of bubble gum in her mouth. Here is Yvette with a few pieces in already!












And here's Yvette showing off how much she was able to fit in her mouth. I don't know if that's a good thing or not! Just kidding! Actually, she did really well. And what's funny is during the game her cell phone rang, and she took the call! I don't know how the person understood her with that much gum in her mouth. I got it on video for anybody who wants to see it. It was pretty hilarious!








Vaughn really enjoyed himself at Yvette's shower. I think he liked being around all the pretty girls. But I had to tell him Yvette was taken. Here we are with Yvette after the shower.











I was so glad this one turned out so well. Yvette saved me the summer I moved down to Utah. I had been dumped pretty badly by some guy, and Yvette came to the rescue. She became my instant best friend. When she moved back to Iowa at the end of that summer, I took her place in the home she was staying in. And within a few months, I met Brian. If it weren't for Yvette, I wouldn't be married to Brian. Thanks Big Mama for everything!!!








The second bridal shower was for Brian's cousin Melissa Higginson. (She's the one seated in the middle of the picture with darker hair and pink pants). Melissa is a really nice girl, and I was so happy to hear she was getting married! It was a really fun bridal shower. Melissa's two older sisters had lots of fun games planned for her. It was good to see Melissa and her sisters again.






That evening, after going to see a movie with the family, we all went over to a restaurant called The China Light. It is a tiny restaurant up in American Fork which is about 30 minutes from where we live. It's nothing special to look at; in fact it's kind of tacky. But the food is incredible! It more than makes up for the look of the place. We rarely go there, so when we do, we make it a big deal. This time we went with Robert, Jared, Mom and Dad Higginson, and Danny and Linda and their kids. It was a lot of good food and fun.



If you can't tell what this is, I'm not surprised. This is what we call "The Scary Plastic Dragon."
This is hanging on the wall of the restaurant, and the owners have never taken the plastic off of it. So when the lights are lit up (they are supposed to be the dragon's eyes) it looks really odd. And there is a thick layer of dust on the plastic, so it's not the prettiest thing to look at. But it's one of those things that makes the restaurant so endearing. Funny, huh?




Vaughn loves Chinese food, especially the chow- mein at the China Light. He liked it so much that he decided to see if Brian had any more he could have. When there was none on his plate, he had Brian open up his mouth. (At least that's what I assume was going on!)












A few days later I was giving Vaughn a bath and decided to take a picture of him. I just thought he looked kind of cute here.
















He was really sad when I tried to take him out of the bathtub, so I tried to distract him by taking a picture of him in his towel.



















Vaughn caught on pretty quickly and decided to be a ham, even though he was pretty sad.














What a total cutie pie!


















You're probably wondering why I have a picture of a carton of eggs here. Well, these aren't just any ordinary eggs. These eggs came from the chickens that my next-door neighbors are raising! My neighbors can't keep up with them, so they bring them over to us once in a while. I was nervous at first to try them, but they looked just fine and they tasted just fine too! My neighbors liked to write the dates on them just for fun. Isn't that amazing?



On Saturday the 14th, some members of our church put on a church Luau. It was a blast! Here are some of the church members showing off a dance they learned for the Luau. The pregnant lady on the far left was one of the organizers of the Luau. She was about 7 months along at the time, and I have no idea how she and her husband were able to do it! There was so much food, and the dancing was great! I cooked a pork roast to help with the food, and it turned out perfect! It was so dang good that I found it hard to save it for the Luau. But Brian and I did have to taste-test it to make sure it wasn't poisonous!




This girl had had her hair up for most of the dances she performed in. So when she walked out on stage to do a solo performance, I was shocked at how long her hair was! I thought it was so beautiful. There is just something about long hair that I really like. And I thought it looked particularly nice against the blue dress she was wearing.
















Vaughn really liked the music and the dancing. So he decided to get as close to the action as he could, and bust out a few moves himself! The little flirt!











I'll end it here, because the next week was absolutely packed! I must say you should take a closer look at Vaughn dancing with the Luau dancers. He really does look like he's busting a move. What a nut!


And here's one for the road...



Love, Lisa

































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home