The Higginsons

Thursday, November 01, 2007

THIS ONE'S FOR POOPA!!!!
(I think without Poopa calling me every-other day and reminding me that my blog was way past due for an update, this poor blog would never have been updated! So thanks Poopa for reminding me, and reminding me....and reminding me.....)

THE WEEK OF: August 5th - August 11th


The week of August 5th to the 11th was one full of preparations. I went out and gathered more produce from the garden because Brian's sister Amy and I were going to do Salsa that Tuesday. And boy did we ever! So here's a picture of the day's catch.







On Tuesday the 7th of August, Amy and I went to work bottling salsa. Here she is peeling tomatoes, which I think is the "funnest" part of the job.








Here's me and Amy and her youngest child Sam, and we're all cutting tomatoes together. Sam, short for Samuel, is always willing to help when we're bottling together. He is a lot of fun to have around and he keeps us on our toes.











Here's a few of the onion from my garden that went into our salsa. I can't remember if we did 35 or 38 quarts of salsa, but it was a goodly number, and it was so tasty!







On Friday August 10th, Laura came over to hang out with us for a while. As you can see, things quickly got out of hand, and the night turned crazy. For some reason whenever Laura comes over I revert back into my "Crazy Oviatt Self" and go wild! It is so much fun! Laura got me laughing so hard that I couldn't stop, and then to add to the frenzy, she decided to jump on me and try to kill me. It was awesome!












Yes....we got even more weird. I think Laura must have slipped something into my drink. She seriously had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to throw up! She just has this effect on me that nobody else has. I am so grateful for Laura! She is an amazing sister and an awesome friend!!!












Brian didn't know what to think about me and Laura, so he decided to play it safe and teach Vaughn how to play the Mario Brothers Arcade. Brian controlled the running stick and when it came to a place where he needed to jump, he would tell Vaughn, "Jump!" and Vaughn would push the jump button. It was adorable!











Vaughn got so good at controlling the jump button that he eventually did it without having to be prompted. We were so shocked that he could do it by himself. And as you can see, Brian was one proud Papa! And before you think we're warping Vaughn's brain, we almost NEVER let him play the arcade. So there!















I have to point out that Vaughn was playing in just a shirt and a diaper. The other really funny thing is that he stands EXACTLY like Brian does when he plays the arcade, but Brian has more clothes on!














Here's Vaughn taking a breather in between levels. Check out his cute thighs and thick feet. I could just squeeze him right now!!!













It was sad when Laura had to leave, and to prove how much he would miss her, Vaughn laid a great big juicy one on Laura...right on the lips! It was too cute for words!






The next day, Saturday August 10th, Vaughn had had a busy morning, so by nap time he was exhausted. Remember the golf club set that Brian's sister Rebekah gave Vaughn for an early birthday present? Well, Vaughn still insists on sleeping with one in his hand. He is that obsessed with them! What a nut! I also want to point out that his favorite stuffed animal is the Pooh Bear right next to him, which Rebekah gave to him, and which he also has to have by him in order to sleep.












What an angel baby!



















After nap time I had Vaughn try on and model a sweater that I was making for the upcoming Higginson Family Reunion that would be held on the 1st of September. It fit him pretty well, and he was very happy to model for me.











Here's a little bit better of a picture. The Higginsons hold an auction at each family reunion to raise money for the next reunion. People donate items to the auction and then everyone bids on what they want. All the proceeds are used for the next reunion the following year, and towards a monthly newsletter that is sent out to each family. It is so much fun. So I decided to crochet a little sweater and hat for the auction. It was a lot of fun and I was please with how it turned out. I think someone bought it for $25.00 too. Not bad! P.S., isn't Vaughn a stud?!?








That's it for this entry! Stay tuned for our next issue which will be dedicated to Vaughn's 2nd birthday party!

And here's one for the road...


Love, Lisa

4 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

i loved those photos. and that sweater... i wanted to buy it so badly at the reunion, but cash flow isn't so flowy right now. so... i hope you make some for furture reunions and hopefully our cash will be much more fluid. :)
p.s. $25.00 wasn't enough.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

by the way... you really do need to check out my blog, lisa.
leslieandaaron.blogspot.com
go now. :)

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Karey said...

Great to have a new posting. Cute pictures. Your little guy is adorable. Keep on posting. p.s. I, too, loved the sweater, but I no longer have kids the right age for such an item.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Marianne & Clayton said...

I cannot believe you! You are so amazing. As if gardening and canning like a champ isn't enough, you made that freakishly cute sweater! Holy freaking cow. You blow me away. I can't wait to see the monkey suit you made for Vaughn. Our week got crazy and we never made it by, sorry. But I plan to see you soon. -Marianne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home