The Higginsons

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lindsey & Dustin Wedding and Reception
DECEMBER 20, 2007 - DECEMBER 21st, 2007

Yes, my youngest sister Lindsey is married!!! I can't believe it!!! We headed up to Rexburg, Idaho, (I attended college there) I think on the 19th of December to make sure we were there for Lindsey and Dustin's wedding dinner, wedding and reception. The weather was FREEZING cold and icy and snowy and miserable. But Lindsey and Dustin were too excited to notice. Here they are above at the wedding dinner the evening before the wedding. Aren't they so cute together?!?!

Part of the dinner was devoted to Lindsey and Dustin telling "their story." Dustin is holding Ben and Emily's youngest girl Prairie. Prairie LOVES Dustin, and I'm afraid that if she were any older, Lindsey would have had some competition! Prairie clung to Dustin the entire time we were up in Idaho. It was so cute to see!

I couldn't tell whether Laura had tasted a bit of bad ham, or was barfing because of how gross and lovey dovey Lindsey and Dustin were! I guess you'll have to ask her.

Here's Ben and Em. We were glad we could all sit at the same table and just enjoy each other's company. I think Bubby and Em may have been laughing about Laura's choking.

Here I am feeling very happy because I am close to getting full after feeling starved! I was still having quite a bit of "morning sickness" at this point in the pregnancy. I don't even know why they call it morning sickness. I've had it day and night with all my pregnancies!

Brian looks so cute here! I loved the sedated smile on his face (due to the food) and his cute little belly. I think he was actually making fun of my belly in this shot!

The next day dawned clear and freezing! We enjoyed a beautiful temple ceremony for Lindsey and Dustin in the Idaho Falls Temple. And here are the happy newly-weds just after they walked out the doors to the temple. Wow baby!

Here, from left to right are Dustin's father, Dustin's mother, Dustin, Lindsey, Momma and Poopa. Their teeth were all chattering in this shot, which made it look like they were smiling. In reality, we took pictures as FAST as we possibly could because we were all FREEZING TO DEATH! It's no wonder I moved down to Utah!

I loved this picture of Lindsey and Dustin. They're both hotties of course, and they look so relaxed and happy. They're going to have the cutest kids!

If I were a guy, and specifically Dustin in this picture, I would have been smiling too! Lindsey, you are a HOTTIE! Lindsey was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen! She looked fantastic! And I guess Dustin isn't half-bad either! By the way, Dustin is the NICEST guy you could ever meet. He is really kind to Lindsey and a real hoot to be around.

That evening Lindsey and Dustin had their wedding reception in an airport museum in Rexburg. It was the COOLEST setting for a reception that I've ever seen. Here's a picture of one of the planes out on display. The kids there that evening, including Vaughn, were in heaven. And by the way, there were a lot of great pictures taken that morning and evening, but I didn't take them! Lindsey had a photographer hired for the occasion, so hopefully somtime I can get my hands on some of them and I'll post them.

Here's a picture of the wedding line. I wish I knew the names of the bridesmaids and the best man and stuff. I just have to say I'm glad I didn't have to stand in the line! They all looked so tired by the end of the night! It made me remember my reception and feeling like my feet were going to fall off.

Here's a cute shot of the bridesmaids, Lindsey and the mothers of the bride and the groom.

I also thought this was a fun picture of Dustin, Lindsey and Dustin's parents.

I wish I had a picture of Autumn and Prairie together, because Emily MADE this dress! She made dresses for Autumn and Prairie and as you can see, they were GORGEOUS! Prairie spent quite a bit of time in Dustin's arms that evening. And when Lindsey gave Dustin a kiss on the cheek while Dustin was holding Prairie, Prairie scrunched up her nose and said, "Eeeeeeeewww!" We all laughed pretty hard!

I loved this picture of Bubby and Lindsey! I think I'm going to have to get this one printed and framed. They both look so happy!

Here's me and Vaughn. I also tried my hand at sewing and made this vest and bowtie for Vaughn. I have to admit everything went great until I did the button holes. I've never done button holes before, and I totally butchered them! I was so embarrassed that I pinned Vaughn's vest to hide them up! Oh well, you can't always get it right the first time! By the way, doesn't Vaughn look handsome?! I wish I had a pictures of Brian, Autumn and Emily to post too. But like I said, I didn't take any of them! Sorry you guys!

This next one will have to be the one for the road...

I think this has to be my favorite picture from that night. Poopa and Momma were very pleased when Lindsey and Dustin called to tell them they were engaged. And after meeting and talking with Dustin, Poopa was even happier about it all. Poopa's happiness totally shows through in this picture, and I love it! These are two very handsome guys!

CONGRATULATIONS LINDSEY AND DUSTIN!!!!

Love, Lisa

3 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Rebecca Adams said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Rebecca Adams said...

Weddings are so fun, aren't they? Your sister's wedding looked so wonderful...AND so cold! Wasn't she cold with a short sleeve dress on? Brrrrr!!!!! I've never heard about anyone having a reception at an airport museum! That looks so fun! Ryan would've LOVED having a reception there because he loves airplanes! (He's in the Aviation Science program at UVSC, studying to be a pilot or a certified flight instructor.) Congratulations to your sister! Both she and her husband look so happy and cute together! :D

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Mindy said...

Hey, Lisa, I'd love to pick your brain about canning if you ever have time! Email me at bmatcsmith@gmail.com.

Love, Mindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home