The Higginsons

Monday, February 18, 2008

Christmas Afternoon with the Oviatts
December 25th, 2007


Like I said in my last post, we went straight from Brian's parents' house to my brother Ben and his wife Emily's place on Christmas Day. We took a little bit to rest and eat, and then began another Christmas celebration! I had to put this picture of Autumn in first. Emily MADE Autumn this princess dress! Isn't it FANTASTIC?!?! If you don't recognize it, it's the dress from Sleeping Beauty.

Vaughn was SO excited when he saw this train set that Grandpa Poopa and Momma Isis gave him. He LOVES trains, and only a few days after getting this train, he started to say, "Choo Choo!" whenever he played with it.

I wish I would have gotten a better picture of this. Ben and Emily got Autumn and Prairie an adorable little kitchen set, complete with pots and pans and cooking utensils. And here's the best part....Emily MADE food to go along with it! She made (sewed) everything from peas in pods, to bananas, to pizza and pie. And of course I didn't get a picture of those, but when I do, I will post it for sure, because it's a must see!

Emily's sister Jennie and her husband Janardan stopped by for a few minutes that afternoon. Emily made them a beautiful quilt. She also made Jennie an AMAZING apron with a monkey on the front. Yet again, I don't have pictures of these things, but once I get them, I'll show you. Have I made it clear yet that Emily is AMAZING?!?! She can do anything!!!!

I gave Momma this bag for Christmas. We were at a fun church activity that involved an auction last year, and I won this bag. We had both really wanted it, but Momma helped me to get it. So naturally, since the Oviatts traditionally do "used Christmas" I decided to pass this on to Momma. She seemed very pleased!

Momma was really excited to have Brian open this gift. She had been saving it for him for quite a while. Brian was a little shocked when he opened it because it was totally unexpected! Momma found an original lithograph print out of a scene from the Disney cartoon Snow White. It was in great condition! And to make the story even better, she found it at a local garage sale for next to nothing! Way to go Momma!

We also gave Poopa a microwaveable neck warmer. That doesn't sound too exotic, but it really works! There is nothing like having that sucker around your neck when you need to relax. We hope you enjoy it Poopa!

Ben and Emily brought out the big guns when they gave this tepee (I have no idea how to spell that) lamp to Momma. I mention guns because I'm sure Poopa wanted to shoot them for giving it to her. He didn't know how he was going to get it home! But they found a way, and Momma really appreciated it! (Momma loves Native American anything).

When Laura comes over to my house, I always try to have some home-bottled peaches in the fridge because she really enjoys them. So naturally I had to give her a few bottles for Christmas. She was really happy about it, and it made me feel really good!

Ben and Emily gave Brian and Vaughn these AWESOME Nerf swords! We were so grateful because they are much softer than the sticks and vacuum parts that Vaughn normally uses! Vaughn immediately had to try them out with his dad. They were an instant success!

The icing on the cake was Vaughn "going in for the kill." He loves to lunge and stab (softly of course) and he always uses great form. It's a bonus that he's never killed a single person yet! How nice of you Vaughn!

I was SO EXCITED to give Brian this present! When I had asked him what he wanted for Christmas, I was shocked when he mentioned an electric guitar. Brian had never shown any interest in playing the guitar before. But Brian is the type of person who loves to learn, and I thought him learning to play the guitar was a great idea!

I seared around for the best deal on a Fender Stratocaster guitar, which is the kind Brian really wanted. And I got this fire-engine red color, which was his favorite! He was really pleased!

Okay, doesn't he look HOT here?!?! Brian has proven to be a natural at playing the guitar. We are actually learning to play together, and it has been a great experience for the both of us. Babe, you're so handsome!

This was the best part for me...a kiss from a happy husband! There's nothing better!

When Bubby was very young, my parents got him a cute little coat with a hood that made a cone on the top of his head. Emily found this coat, and fixed the broken zipper on it for Ben as a Christmas present for him. Bubby was so happy! And Momma and Poopa were so cute when they saw the coat again. They were thrown back in time, and really enjoyed it!

And this is my "One for the Road...."

This is Prairie wearing Bubby's old cone-head coat! WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?! Nothing could have been cuter at that moment! Thanks everybody for a wonderful day together! Thanks Momma and Poopa for making the trip out here! We love you all!

Love, Lisa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home